Our Client Solutions & Delivery career track drives solutions and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution or capability. In addition to being hands-on software developers and engineers, we provide thought leadership at the highest level, working with our client executives on agile transformation, full lifecycle automation and quality engineering projects. Success in this role is dependent upon a thorough knowledge base in large program management, development and quality engineering – in addition to the right mindset and work habits. As an Intern, you will experience not just the individual skills required of an IT consultant, but you also will work closely with our thought leader/practitioners as they work across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to design, build, test, implement and operationalize technology and process improvements.
In addition to working with and learning from our Solutions professionals as they develop technical solutions and provide technical leadership and strategic direction to our clients, you will experience SQA’s pre-sales efforts, as we share technical knowledge, identify client needs, submit insights and present solution options. You will learn the “business” of Information Technology as well as the technology.
As an intern on the SQA Solutions and Delivery team, your role will be to embrace a steep learning curve and be prepared to bring your experience and insights to your mentors in real-world projects. You will:
- Participate actively in a professional development training program
- Observe and support business development during consultative pre-sales activity as the Solutions team sells engagements within SQA’s offerings
- Contribute under leadership to the determination of the optimal solution and participate as he/she solves complex problems
- Observe Solutions management of client engagements and be responsible for specific tasks contributing to achievement of target results and successful delivery for both internal SQA and external client projects.
- Contribute to determination of methods and procedures to be used in assignments with execution under mentor guidance
- Suggest opportunities for improving and growing SQA’s service offerings based on your experience
What You Bring
Demonstrated technical aptitude and skills, either through appropriate coursework or personal programming projects and experience
- Knowledge of object-oriented coding language (e.g. C#, Java, Python) including employment of Object-Oriented Programming principles such as inheritance, encapsulation, and polymorphism.
- A basic understanding of Database design and SQL
- An introduction of the principles of structured programming – actual experience working within a development team (even in a classroom/project setting) is a plus
- A foundational understanding of IT infrastructure and hardware technology, either through appropriate coursework or personal experience (engineering-level knowledge is not expected)
- Good written and oral communications and presentation skills
On the Plus side
- Actual experience working with technology systems – even if limited
- Experience working with the Atlassian Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience with cloud-based platforms/environments like AWS and Azure is a plus
- Course work with imbedded systems, AI/machine learning or robotics
- Familiarity with scrum/Agile principles
A great attitude, a love of technology, team spirit and a hunger to learn new things is a must!
What We Bring
We are passionate about providing all the tools necessary for our employees to succeed. From extensive training, excellent benefits and an open-door policy, you’re not just another spoke in the wheel at SQA. From day one, your opinions and ideas will start impacting our business and culture – we learn from our interns as they learn from us. We work cross-functionally to develop and deliver customized solutions for our clients. Often, the success of one group is reliant on another. If you enjoy working at the heart of interdependent teams, we want to meet you.
SQA is a software engineering and IT services firm helping clients transform in a connected, data-driven, digital world. With a focus on continuous transformation, we partner with leading organizations to build capabilities, engineer quality, automate end-to-end code deployment, and accelerate implementation and adoption across the enterprise.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing an internship at SQA. SQA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.