Are you an SDET with experience and a passion for automating QA and Test?
SQA Group is helping a top FinTech firm build out a QA Center of Excellence (CoE) in the Hartford, CT area. Qualified candidates will bring insight from prior projects to compliment client’s internal expertise. You will operate in a matrix model, your “home” being the CoE, but also aligned to and acquiring deep understanding of a Line of Business (LOB), such as Personal or Commercial Lines.
- Define, drive, enhance automation frameworks leveraged for testing by LOB Scrum Teams
- Write automation scripts to test the UI of AngularJS and Java web apps using Protractor & Selenium
- Automate tests for RESTful services & APIs using tools like SoapUI and the Karate framework
- Collaborate with DevOps and Security teams to enable CI/CD through Continuous Testing
- Partner with your LOB Scrum Team-embedded SDET counterparts to discern test script/application vs. framework-related failures
- Act as second line support to LOB Scrum Teams for test failure remediation
- Act as conduit, consulting with LOB and CoE peers to identify common challenges and drive universal solutions
- Track market trends to inject thought leadership into the CoE and LOB teams
Critical Success Factors:
- 3+ years’ experience operating as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Proven Java or Typescript development skills for building automation frameworks in Protractor OR Selenium to test Angular and Java web apps
- RESTful web services and API testing experience leveraging Karate framework (or similar) and tools like SoapUI
- Proven experience in Agile and DevOps environments, enabling CI/CD and containerization through test automation
- Can identify problems and drive/own resolution, facilitating cross-team collaboration
- Basic SQL querying and tuning skills (not expected to be DBA-level)
Job ID: 1911-5816
SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.