Our Client Solutions & Delivery career track drives solutions and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution or capability. They provide thought leadership at the highest level, working with our client executives on agile transformation, full lifecycle automation and quality engineering projects. The success of this role is dependent upon a thorough knowledge base in large program management, development and quality engineering. You will work closely with our clients as a credible influencer working across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to lead the design, build, test, implementation, and operationalization of technology and process improvements.
The Principal Consultant will bring a visionary mindset providing technical leadership and strategic direction to our clients. You will collaborate in pre-sales efforts, sharing technical knowledge, identifying client needs, submitting insights and solution options, and leveraging our internal assets to accelerate implementations while ensuring solution quality.
Your role understands the direction set by senior management as it relates to strategic goals. The Principal Consultant:
- Supports business development with consultative pre-sales, tools and subject matter expertise to sell engagements within SQA’s offerings
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solutions and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Provides management of client engagements. Responsible for achieving target results and successful delivery
- Manages small teams of consultants and work efforts at a client, or can also deliver by leading co-engineering efforts
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance
- Identifies opportunities for improving and growing SQA’s service offerings
- Primary upward interaction is with client sponsors and stakeholders. You will collaborate and interact with peers and various management levels at a client site and within SQA
- Billable utilization is in the range of 75%
What You Bring
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver on complex projects with many different components and work streams
- A history of success in leading large agile transformation projects with hands-on implementation
- Deep technical skills, either as a principal, director or equivalent, with 10+ years of leading software development, quality engineering, deployment and testing
- Excellent negotiation, change management, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience designing and implementing delivery enablement using DevOps and CI/CD, employing automation strategies and frameworks to build in quality from the get-go
- C-level written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Experience in the interviewing, management and development of technical resources
- Experience working with 3rd Party software implementations, and integrating with SAAS solutions
- Experience in implementing software led solutions that included services / APIs, data management/ETL, and customer-facing applications.
- Experience working with the Atlassian Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience in implementing cloud-based platforms/environments like AWS and Azure
- Broad-based industry experience with Insurance, Financial Services, Healthcare/Biotech and IT Product development preferred
- Familiarity with working in regulated environments would be a plus (like PCI, SarbOx, SOC, HIPAA, GxP, CFR Part 11.
What We Bring
We are passionate about providing all the tools necessary for our employees to succeed. From extensive training, excellent benefits and an open-door policy, you’re not just another spoke in the wheel at SQA. From day one, your opinions and ideas will start impacting our business and culture. We work cross-functionally to develop and deliver customized solutions for our clients. Often, the success of one group is reliant on another. If you enjoy working at the heart of interdependent teams, we want to meet you.
SQA is a software engineering and IT services firm helping clients transform in a connected, data-driven, digital world. With a focus on continuous transformation, we partner with leading organizations to build capabilities, engineer quality, automate end-to-end code deployment, and accelerate implementation and adoption across the enterprise.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at SQA. SQA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.